Mother’s Day is just around the corner. What wouldn’t be more adorable than mommy and daughter pictures. A special girl’s day out with a special photo session. Here are some ideas for what to wear for your mommy and me session.
Remember some simple rules for picking out your clothing for your session:
- Keep it simple! No big logos or competing patterns.
- Don’t worry about being matchy matchy, coordinate colors.
- Wear your favorite jewelry and accessories.
- Layers play well for the camera
- Color, color, color – try to stay away from white and black.
- Be true to yourself.
My best advice for clients if you want to do a pattern, pick one outfit that has a pattern in it, then pull a color out of that outfit for the other outfit and your accessories! See how in two of the outfits above they did just that. And don’t be afraid to wear a cute, fun, funky colorful pair of shoes with any outfit!
Hope this helps you with your spring and Mother’s Day Sessions! And remember Cara Jouglard Photography has a great Mother’s Day Special going on right now.
- Purchase any gift certificate of $75 – $100 and receive a your choice of a custom photo jewelry (1 inch square pendant or a 1 inch heart bracelet) created by Metrychick.
- Purchase any gift certificate of $100-$200and receive your choice of the custom photo jewelry and 1 gift print
- Purchase any gift certificate of $200 of more and receive your choice of the custom photo jewelry and 3 gift prints
These will make perfect gifts for Mom, on Mother’s Day!